Monday, 24 June 2013

Knock On Wood - DT Project by Hels

Gooodly Morning Snazzyfans and a very happy Monday to you all!  This month us teamies have been playing with the superb new Base Coat Collection from KaiserCraft, plus some new gorgeous clear stamps from them too.  To see the rest of the team's gorgeous creations, please do scroll back through the past months posts... from scrapbook pages to mini books, the ladies have made some glorious eyecandy to drool over.  As ever, the generous guys at Snazzy's are offering a prize to a "random comment" left on THIS POST by Gillian, right back at the beginning of our DT month.  Tis simples to join in... just leave a comment for Gillian and the winner will be chosen at random and announced next Monday.  And, as ever, to see a plethora of loveliness, CLICK HERE for the Snazzy online store.

On with my offering... so, I am really into the colour brown, that is no secret... so when I first had a look through the papers, the first thing that leapt at me was that whilst there is brown in the papers, it was the amount of different shades of brown... cue gasps and oooh-ahhh's.  Not only are the papers lush, they are also double sided... and yep, the other side of the papers are equally as lush and also have different colours to them... nothing bright and smack you in the face colourful, instead, they are muted and delicious and ever so shabby.   So, as ever, whenever I get my mits on a d/s sheet of paper, I have to make a rose... it would be rude not to!  There is a step-by-step tut over on my blog HERE where I show exactly how to make this type of rose if you fancy a nosey.  I started out with a piece of mountboard which I painted with black Gesso and then cut a piece of corrugated card (catfood box) and used the Gesso on this too but left some of the card bits showing to keep the colours tied in.

Next I cut some of the papers to fit, the bottom layer was cut twice, adding the top layer on and then tearing the second of the two same size pieces so it looks like the top layer is being revealed (cool cheats way btw)  I used a paper distresser and Walnut Stain Distress Ink to shabby up the edges of the papers.  On the torn piece, I used the Botanical clear stamp with Jet Black Archival to add the floral collage, stamping this again three times onto a different paper and then cutting out the butterflies to use as embellies.  The Secret Admirer words were also stamped onto the torn paper bit using the same ink.  I cut a small strip of cardboard and painted this with the Gesso too and layered this over the paper collage.

Next I began assembling the piece, using Treasure Gold to add some gilding to the base and cardboard... adding in a few faux screw brads so it added to the "wood" effect of the papers... and then finally assembling my rose with some twiggy bits behind for added texture.

That is all from me for now... Have a great week and thanks for looking... TTFN!